The current version of Click & Drop Desktop is 1.0.63. If you have encountered an issue and you are running an older version of the app, please fully close and restart the app and it will automatically update to the newest version.
1. What do I do if my files are not importing successfully?
If your file is not importing successfully, please check the following:
We do not recommend you delete and recreate your Click & Drop Desktop integration at this stage as this can potentially cause other issues.
1. Is your internet connection stable?
2. Have you mapped the columns in your spreadsheets first via a spreadsheet order import?
3. Have you added any new columns to your spreadsheet recently? If so you will need to map your spreadsheet again.
4. Does the data in your spreadsheet match Click & Drop's order import field specifications?
5. Is your 'Watch' folder on a network drive or location? If so, consider turning enabling 'Polling mode' in your Click & Drop Desktop advanced settings. Please be aware that polling mode can cause imports to be duplicated in some scenarios.
6. If one or more of your files is 'stuck' and has not imported, please try closing the app down and then restarting. This action will also force any automatic updates that may be due.
2. I am encountering issues while using a network drive
Issues on network drives can occur due to 'file update events' not triggering. If you attempt to connect to a network drive using Click & Drop Desktop, please ensure you enable the advanced polling option in the settings section. The following common issues that can occur on network setups:
- Permission issues - check your user has correct access to the drive.
- Files stuck in the watch folder
- Extended import times
We recommend contacting your network administrator if you find yourself suffering from any of the above issues.
3. Can I create a second Click & Drop Desktop integration?
You can only have one Click & Drop integration active. If you have multiple trading names, you will need to map a 'Trading names' column to allow you to specify different return addresses per order.
If you have multiple sites and this is not possible, please consider setting up more than one Click & Drop account.
4. My results file is empty
Results files are generated at the Postage applied state and can be found in the results folder within your Desktop watch folder. For a tracking number to be generated at this point you must include the following additional information on your import: Product weight, Package size and Service code.
5. One or more of my workstations is not producing labels
If one or more of your workstations is not producing labels when you have dropped a file into it, please check the following:
1. You have configured the workstation in your Click & Drop Desktop integration.
1. Your Enable automatic printing setting is switched on.
2. You are logged into the Click & Drop Desktop application on the workstation (or server location the workstation connects to).
3. Your printer is not switched off or is not producing errors.
4. You have installed Click & Drop Desktop and Royal Mail Print Assist on each of your workstations (or server location the workstation connects to).
5. Check that the installed applications are up to date. You can force an automatic update by closing and then restarting the application.
6. Check that each of your installed applications has the same Watch folder selected. Please do not select an individual workstation folder as your Watch folder.
7. Check the number of rows in your imported file. Click & Drop is only able to automatically generate labels for spreadsheets with 50 rows or less (51 including a header).
6. I'm generating duplicate labels
If you are experiencing this issue, please check:
1. If you are running Click & Drop desktop on a network drive in conjunction with multiple workstations, try running only one version of the Click & Drop Desktop app instead of one per workstation.
2. Check you have not installed Royal Mail Print Assist as a windows service.
3. If you use any order management software or any automated method of dropping files into the watch directory, please check that the file is not being dropped in twice. You can check that the file types are different by looking in your Order Import History page.
7. My labels are coming out of the wrong printer
If your label is sent to a printer that you did not expect, please check the following:
1. Check you have chosen the correct printers in your Royal Mail Print Assist or Click & Drop Desktop workstation settings.
2. If you have multiple printers with the same name, you may need to rename them to make this process easier.
3. If you have a default workstation selected, and you drop your spreadsheet into the watch directory and not an individual sub folder, then the label will print from the printer specified in the default workstation.
8. My application is displaying a “No internet connection” error.
If you are experiencing this issue, it is likely that your have a firewall or other internet security software which is denying access to the app. You may need to add the app to your 'allowed list', or whitelist our IP addresses. Our support team can provide these.
9. Can Click & Drop Desktop produce CN22/CN23 documents?
If you have checked the 'Generate customs declaration with Orders' option in your Label format settings page, then CN22 or CN23 documents will automatically be produced for any international orders imported where customs declarations are required.
The .PDF files will be saved to your results folder.
10. Click & Drop Desktop is not communicating with workstations across my network.
Click & Drop Desktop is fully compatible with servers and networks running Microsoft Windows 7 or above. Please ensure that you only run one version of Click & Drop Desktop. If all of your machines connect to the same server, you do not need to install Click & Drop Desktop on each separate machine.
Please ensure that the single machine on which Click & Drop Desktop is installed is kept online during operation. If you use Royal Mail Print Assist, you will need to ensure this is installed on every workstation you would like to print from.
If your issue still persists after checking the above, please contact our support team.
11. My workstation folders contain other workstation folders
If you find your folder structure seems incorrect, please check that each instance of Click & Drop Desktop are looking at the Watch folder - and not an individual sub folder.
In these circumstances, we recommend deleting the workstation folders and setting up your workstations again.
Please do not create your own sub folders - Click & Drop Desktop will create them automatically once your workstations are correctly configured.
12. My labels are not printing
1. If you use Royal Mail Print Assist, please see these troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting Royal Mail Print Assist.
2. If you are using any 3rd party order management software to print your labels instead of Royal Mail Print Assist, please contact them first.
3. Check the number of rows in your imported file. Click & Drop is only able to automatically generate labels for spreadsheets with 50 rows or less (51 including a header).
13. I need to white-list your IPs for my security settings
All URLs and IP addresses:
Click & Drop
https://sf-dropbox.azurewebsites.net/ (existing app service)
https://cnd-desktop.storefeeder.com (new app service)